Senior Merchandiser – Furniture
- To coordinate daily operational activities in screening new product development samples, pre-production samples.
- To negotiate with vendors on price, discount, delivery and working terms.
- To track and review pre-production sample, specs and colour swatches to ensure samples match with required specifications and quality standard.
- To communicate order and new sampling details and requirements to factories and all parties concerned.
- To monitor production process properly to meet quantity, quality, order specifications and delivery dates.
- To diagnose production problems and work with factories to present alternatives to both buyers and management.
- To work with vendors to improve on-time delivery/vendor score card
- To maintain vendor profile records
- To coordinate with internal departments such as MIS / Shipping, Technical, QA, Finance & Administration to ensure smooth workflow for order follow-up.
- To coordinate buyer’s visits.
- To manage client/vendor relationship inclusive of disputes and claim issues.
- To source vendors, identify product opportunities, request for and follow up vendor/ factory evaluation.
- To prepare market presentation and present to clients.
- To work with Divisional Merchandise Manager in formulating/implementing strategy to grow business.
- To train and supervise subordinates.
- University Degree or higher
- 5 years or above furniture merchandising experience in buying offices/agents/ factories
- General knowledge in furniture product types
- Good command of English. Fluency in Chinese is an advantage
- Good leadership/supervisory skill
- Service oriented with attention to details
- Market oriented with research and development abilities
- Familiar with PC operations
Connor provides excellent career opportunities to the right candidate. Further information about Connor and our career opportunities can be viewed on our website https://www.weconnor.com. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume with current and expected remuneration packages to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by MS word attachment.