Senior Merchandiser- Apparels (Based at Sri Lanka)
- To work closely with related departments, vendors and clients to resolve development problems and outstanding issues, whist updating the client on the WIP progress weekly.
- To accompany clients to visit vendors and factories in their buying trips.
- To follow-up on all new development projects & follow with up vendors, wash plants to ensure timely submission of samples, pricing details & any other specific’s requested by the client.
- To respond to and follow up inquiries, issues and problems raised by clients and all Connor offices worldwide with in the same working day.
- To proactively keep the DMM up to date on any exceptions.
- To maintain progress reports, with up to date information on all order & outstanding issues.
- To be proactive in looking for solutions, whilst working with other to understand their opinions.
- To monitor Time & Action Calendar and raise up any possible issues.
- Sending presentations to the client for new products.
- Preparing quote sheets and checking them and negotiating to get best price for client.
- Preparing for buyer visits including all welcome packs / itineraries / vendor product development as per current needs & making all files, records with past PO records etc.
- Following on shipment approval processes from initial green seal sample to final approved TOP sample.
- Working on packaging requirements as laid by client & seeking approvals & also offering ready packaging solutions to clients.
- Maintaining a strong production & packaging tracker which is followed up on weekly basis & following up of these WIP’s.
- To facilitate & conduct PP meetings b/w vendor & QAI & making PP meeting notes at vendors facility.
- Travelling to vendors factories as and when required to monitor production.
- To perform additional duties to meet with the Company’s needs as required.
- Degree/diploma in apparel
- 8 – 10 years’ experience in merchandising.
- Negotiation & interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written), including the use of MS Word and Excel.
Connor provides excellent career opportunities to the right candidate. Further information about Connor and our career opportunities can be viewed on our website http://www.weconnor.com. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume with current and expected remuneration packages to: the Regional HR Manager, William E. Connor & Associates Ltd., at email to firstname.lastname@example.org by MS Word attachment, mention the job position in the subject line.
Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly for recruitment purposes only. Applicants who are not invited for an interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications filed for future reference.