Senior Fabric Manager
- Identify and establish key fabric trends for the season including woven, jersey and performance for Women’s, Men’s, Kids.
- Pro-actively research fabric and trim innovation, and be well informed of new technologies, seasonal trends, and competition; present this information back to the company.
- Strategically source fabrics and promote opportunities to designers, clients, client managers and directors.
- Responsible for sourcing development and identifying suitable markets.
- Provide technical advice on fabric related issues, material quality and application on apparel products to colleagues, suppliers, and buyers to meet both customers’ requirements and corporate quality standards.
- Keep abreast of fabric trends and keep frequent contact with dyes manufacturers and laboratories to look for potential markets and business opportunities.
- Actively source fabrics, yarns, and accessories to meet and excel customers’ expectations while maintaining competitiveness.
- Devise proactive quality standard to be in line customers’ policy and implement appropriate testing with a view to meeting the set standard.
- Actively source mills across Asia-Pacific and SE Asia regions such as Bangladesh, Cambodia, Vietnam, China, Sri Lanka, Thailand, India, Indonesia, Philippines. MENA countries an advantage.
- Ensure all categories have well-documented fabric and mill strategies aligned to Product. Work cross-category to provide guidance on overall strategy for preferred mill relationships, negotiation and recommendations on commitments and pricing. Help teams to develop strategies that enable us to leverage scale across clients.
- Provide each client with the best fabric options in terms of price and quality.
- Develop an integrated fabric development process with the brands and necessary tools. This includes development of a digital and physical fabric library that is integrated with the fabric library in brand.
- Work with mill, client management teams and clients to ensure that we are meeting platform fabrics goals and provide guidance on how we can utilize strategic fabric to maximum benefit.
- Drive fabric sourcing opportunities / develop exclusive and innovative materials for strategic short and long-term growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in textile or equivalent.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in working in fabric sourcing, experience in garment manufacturing & merchandising field, preferably in sizeable companies.
- Strong technical knowledge on fabric and fabric production process.
- Strong fabric development and R&D; expertise across woven, knit and performance fabric are MUST.
- Technical expertise in woven, knitted fabrics and various finishes.
- Good sourcing base and connection in fabric/ trim mills
- Good knowledge in fabric and yarn production as well as fabric and garment lab-testing
- Have strong trend focus and a keen sense of fashion.
- Good management skills, Confident, self-motivated and team player
- Good PC knowledge in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, & other PC applications
- Good command of English & Chinese
- Occasional travel is required
Connor provides excellent career opportunities to the right candidate. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume with current and expected remuneration packages to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by MS word attachment.