Senior Production Engineer – Furniture
- Manage the Connor production efficiently across all furniture factories
- To identify current problems and advise resolution to maintain smooth workflow and to meet company goals on quality targets.
- Establish, develop and manage the furniture vendors’ manufacturing production capabilities and quality processes
- Work with vendors on training them for Kiln Drying Methods, storage of materials, manufacturing processes, Moisture controls, Assembly, Sanding and finishing.
- Implementation of the client’s production standards, specifications and protocols throughout their manufacturing process
- Develop a good control system in monitoring daily production activities and operation processes and quality levels being achieved
- Random audit the factory inspection process and examine adequate furniture line production process and random check passed units.
- Develop/conduct training programs to enhance and develop the skill of vendor’s QA with the knowledge of QA process controls and system.
- Educate Vendor’s QA on testing protocols/requirement for quality and packaging.
- On board new vendors for clients requirements.
- Team with Connor Merchant, Quality Assurance & Technician team when setting up new vendors. To understand vendor capacity and capabilities.
- Communicate with Merchant for updates to client on weekly report on progress, achievements and early warning on production problems affecting delivery
- Communicate with Merchant to ensure workload given matches production lines capabilities.
- Support and Communicate with Merchants, Quality Assurance & Technician to analyze root cause of quality call outs and discrepancies found during production (during inspection or from sold units) and to address consequent change
- Having 8 years of experience in the same field.
- Hands-on experience in global furniture sourcing.
- Sound technical knowledge in furniture engineering, materials, finishing, packing and regulatory information related to furniture.
- Able to analyze product versus vendor and accurately predict success / failure so proper product placement can made and quality problems prevented.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Connor provides excellent career opportunities to the right candidate. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume with current and expected remuneration packages to Email: email@example.com by MS word attachment.