General Merchandise Manager – Furniture
- Familiar with the market attributes and understand client’s preference. US and Europe market experience is a plus.
- Track on monthly booking & shipment status of the division to justify the head count balancing and to keep business growing.
- Do research and development for next season’s orders
- Accompany clients to visit vendors/ factories in their buying trips.
- Visiting clients, present and/ or updated new development in market and introduce new vendors.
- Supervise and guide a team of merchandisers to meet client’s needs and expectation.
- Set goals and organize subordinates to accomplish them on time.
- Negotiate with vendors on price and delivery
- Coordinate with internal departments such as Operations, Technical and Quality Assurance to ensure smooth workflow.
- Coordinate daily operational activities in screening pre-production samples, obtaining price quote and tracking production.
- Source new potential vendors and identify other product opportunities for clients so as to drive more business.
- Educate and update vendors on company policies such as social compliance, Country of Origin Conferring and client’s individual requirement so as to ensure legitimate working procedures while satisfying customers needs
- Perform additional duties as required to meet Departmental and Company objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree preferably in Merchandising, Supply Chain Management or related disciplines
- 10 years experience in furniture industry.
- At least 6 years experience at supervisory / managerial level.
- Previous working experience at buying / sourcing / trading office is preferable
- Strong product knowledge in furniture product.
- Good command in English (speaking and writing)
- Good communication, leadership, negotiation and problem solving skills;
- Computer literate (MS Word, Excell, Power point)
- Additional qualities of interpersonal skills, commitment and result driven is definitely a plus.
- Willing to travel frequently.
Connor provides excellent career opportunities to the right candidate. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume with current and expected remuneration packages to Email: email@example.com by MS word attachment.