Furniture Divisional Merchandise Manager
- Familiarize with the market attributes and understand client’s preference. Constant market research to collect data or information (e.g. competitor activities) for sending to clients.
- Track on monthly booking & shipment status of the division to justify the head count balancing and keep business growing.
- Budgeted preparation – forecast business turnover; business initiation for the subsequent year.
- Planning business trip to visit clients for business promotion.
- Source new potential vendors on furniture and identify other product opportunities for clients so as to drive more business.
- Supervise and guide a team of merchandisers to meet client’s needs and expectation.
- Educate and update vendors on company policies like Social Compliance, Country of Origin and buyer’s individual requirement so as to ensure legitimate working procedures while satisfying customer’s needs.
- Set goals and organize subordinates to accomplish them on time.
- Understand and interpret systems/policies laid down by senior management to subordinates to facilitate understanding and compliance.
- Develop and coach subordinates to reach a higher potential and recognize their ability and strength.
- Negotiate with vendors on price & delivery issues to get the best interest for clients.
- Settle disputes between clients and vendors on claims while keeping their good business relationship.
- Identify current problems, foresee pitfalls and advise resolution to subordinates to maintain smooth workflow.
- Present problematic issues to client with proposed solutions.
- Prepare periodic reports covering market trends and activities and missed opportunities to clients and senior management.
- Consultation with senior management on manpower problems, merchandise strategies, and issues/claims from clients/vendors.
- Coordinate with other supporting departments like Technical, QA, Shipping, Finance & Administration, HR, MIS to ensure smooth workflow.
- University Degree or higher.
- 10 years experience in furniture industry with at least 5 years experience at managerial level.
- Strong knowledge in furniture product manufacturing process and proven skills in market and vendor management.
- Knowledge in USA and/ or European market is required.
- Fluency in spoken & written English is prerequisite; Mandarin is an advantage.
- Good communication, leadership, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Additional qualities of interpersonal skills, commitment and result driven are definitely a plus.
- Willing to travel frequently inside & outside Vietnam.
Connor provides excellent career opportunities to the right candidate. Further information about Connor and our career opportunities can be viewed on our website https://www.weconnor.com. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume with current and expected remuneration packages to Email: email@example.com by MS word attachment.