- Lead a global team of product developers / designers in the development of new strategies, concepts and products for seasonal ranges.
- Identify the market / style needs and formulate creative direction, whilst applying a keen understanding of the apparel marketplace to maximize the effectiveness of creative trends and directions.
- Identify and develop innovative, brand-appropriate concepts suitable to the Client’s requirements.
- Manage Client-directed development and coordinate with all operational teams involved – Internally and externally.
- Work closely with different departments on development of design and concept strategies.
- Use technical skills to provide solutions to problems through use of different processes, materials and incorporation of design changes while maintaining stylish and suitably-priced products for the Client.
- Develop creative positioning and verbally present strategies to the client with clarity and expertise.
- Co-ordinate with internal parties to work on specific client projects.
- Manage all developments (and in country teams) within the requirements of a retail T&A calendar.
- Perform additional duties as assigned to meet both the Department and Company’s objectives.
- 8+ years of experience in the apparel and fashion industry
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant field of study is a plus
- Independent in creating prints, embellishment artworks & Flat drawing CADs
- Strong technical understanding of product development within apparel
- Skillful in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop are must
- Strong understanding of apparel product and make suitable to Client’s needs
- Experience leading design strategies and teams in apparel
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required (in both written and spoken English)
- Desire to keep up with new trends and recommend opportunities to drive business.
- Well educated in sustainable practices and executions is a plus
- Entrepreneurial, highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve. Solutions driven, efficiency advocate and a strategic thinker.
- Ability to work under pressure
- High initiative, high energy, confidence, passion for the job, decisive eye for detail
Connor provides excellent career opportunities to the right candidate. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume with current and expected remuneration packages to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by MS word attachment.