Client Director – Furniture
- Responsible for existing key account management and development of new and prospective clients.
- Establish strategic connections with senior / new customers and build strong relationships.
- Direct and manage all clients’ sourcing initiatives and activities for Connor.
- Continuously build, maintain and strengthen good client relationships for Connor Office and its operating companies worldwide.
- Investigate and manage resolutions of issues and challenges arising from key accounts.
- Oversee business development activities of the Global Business Development team (Furniture & Home) while handling other project management with senior management to support Connor’s business requirements.
- Implement Client’s sourcing strategies by reviewing sourcing briefs and projects, source for potential vendors/markets, and work with local country offices to ensure best execution to achieve client’s goals.
- Manage and develop direct reporting employees for both their training and career growth.
- Mentor and develop his / her team and direct them in finding creative solutions to both client and internal challenges, foster knowledge-sharing across all disciplines internally to ensure collaborative and informed work.
- Encourage respective discipline managers to implement creative solutions.
- Contribute to client’s business growth by identifying new opportunities.
- Monitor and report on clients’ activities and issues and provide relevant reports to senior management.
- Perform additional duties as assigned to meet both the Department and Company’s objectives.
- University Degree educated, preferably with a focus in business, merchandising or related disciplines
- Minimum 15 years related experience, with at least 8 years’ experience in home furnishings merchandising, sourcing and product development
- Strong understanding of furniture product and experience building, and costing product offers suitable to Client’s needs
- Hands-on experience in home industry throughout US and Asian market, particularly in furniture sourcing & merchandising and product development
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing, merchandising, product development procedures & processes, and related business development
- A good understanding of the International Retail market and Asia is required
- Solid knowledge in quality assurance
- Excellent negotiation and leadership skills
- Sound business acumen and problem-solving skills
- Proactive, sensible, deadline conscious, adaptive, responsible, well-organized and attention to details characteristics
- Good command in English
- Occasional travel is required
- Less relevant experience will be considered a Corporate Furniture Manager
Connor provides excellent career opportunities to the right candidate. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume with current and expected remuneration packages to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by MS word attachment.