Assistant QA Manager- Furniture (Based at Jodhpur)
- Lead a team of QA Inspectors to perform inspections and production review.
- Set job targets for the QA Inspectors; provide training and guidance to them on proper inspection methods, tools being used, accuracy of reports, achieving claim targets and minimising issues.
- Understanding client requirements in terms of product and factory and working in close coordination with the merchandising team to achieve common objectives of sourcing from right factories and shipping correct quality on time.
- Analyse the styles on order for construction and finish accuracy and production feasibility. Work with the factory and the QA team to implement production check points.
- Achieve departmental targets of QA Productivity / man day; Quality Claims targets; Right First Time manufacturing etc.
- Prepare reports on issues and claims for management review.
- Conduct regular trainings for the team on the technical aspects of the product – like suitability of raw material for that particular product, and how to work with the factory to correct production etc.
- Keep the QA and Tech’s informed on Client requirements and motivate them to achieve the same.
- Conduct Technical Assessment and Evaluation of factories, attend PPM’s.
- Guide the QA team to investigate, identify the root cause of non-conformity and ensure the implementation of procedures to prevent it’s reoccurrence within the inspection service and management system for future orders.
- Coordinate with vendor representative in investigation of reason and solution for quality issue and come up with corrective action plan (CAP)
- Work closely with merchandising team for product and factory selection to ensure a problem free production run with no quality issues.
- Maintain regular contact with customers to ensure that there is continuous feedback about the quality of products supplied.
- Graduate preferably a Degree/ diploma in Wood Science & Forestry
- 15 to 18 years of experience in quality assurance
- Managed team size of at least 8 – 12 people with one or two or managers reporting
Connor provides excellent career opportunities to the right candidate. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume with current and expected remuneration packages to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by MS word attachment.